Premium New Harvest Ground Turmeric is organically grown in southern India on a sustainable farm. It has a sweet, floral flavor without the metallic bitterness found in lower quality turmeric, and is perfect for both sweet and savory applications, in curries and other dishes as well as in turmeric teas and lattes.
This Turmeric's high curcumin content (4%) makes it ideal for both culinary and nutritional uses. Add it to sauces, stews, salad dressing and baked goods for bright color, depth of flavor and wellness. Use Turmeric to add depth of flavor to baked goods, sauces, stews, marinades and dressings.
Imported by Burlap and Barrel directly from Setara, India, New Harvest Turmeric is harvested by hand, 100% pure, organic, sun dried and ground into a fine, consistent powder.
- Toss with roast veggies like cauliflower, potatoes, and root vegetables
- Blend into a chicken or vegetable soup
- Accent the flavor the brine and salty flavor of fresh seafood
- In Mahi Mahi with Stewed Spiced Peaches (community recipe)
- Pairs well with: cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, peppercorns