Premium Ground Cinnamon Verum (aka Ceylon or "true" cinnamon) is complex, herbal and a little savory, with notes of pine, citrus peel and sea salt. This cinnamon is the inner bark of the Cinnamomum verum tree. It's perfect for savory dishes like tomato sauces, stews, chili and barbecue rubs, as well as for baked goods and breakfasts like oatmeal or pancakes.
Cinnamon Verum is a subtle, savory cinnamon variety that may be different from the cinnamon you're used to, with a beautiful aroma and flavor that really comes out when the cinnamon is cooked. If you're looking for a more familiar but extra-sweet and spicy cinnamon, you might like Royal Cinnamon instead.
Cinnamon Verum is from the Zanzibar islands off the east coast of Tanzania in the Indian Ocean. It grows on the steep hillsides rising above the beach, where it thrives in the hot sun, salty breeze and sandy soil, a terroir that contributes to a subtle, smooth flavor without any bitterness. The cinnamon is hand-cut and sun-dried to order throughout the year to guarantee the freshest and most intense flavor.
- Widely used in baked goods to add warm, sweet earthy flavor
- Sprinkle onto apples and apple pies before baking
- Add to oatmeal, chia seeds, or other sweet breakfast
- Shake into butternut squash soup or pumpkin curry
- Bold, bright aromatic notes - a little bit goes a long way
- Sprinkle on top of hot beverages like espresso, latte, coffee, cocoa
- Pairs well with: cloves, allspice, nutmeg