Premium Red River Coriander Seed is beautifully sweet and citrusy, a perfect ingredient for both cooking and garnishing. It is has a unique, bold citrus accent that has been refined over many (hundreds?) of generations of farmers in Fayoum, Egypt.
Add to stir-fries or stews at the beginning of the cooking. Infuse with other aromatics like garlic and onions or sprinkle on beef, pork, poultry, fish or vegetables. Roasting will enhance and deepen the bright citrus notes into a more complex and earthy flavor.
Coriander is the mature seeds from the cilantro plant, an herb native to North Africa and Eurasia that is now cultivated throughout the world. Used whole or powdered it is used to flavor a wide range of foods and is a staple seasoning in Middle Eastern, Mediterranean, Asian and Latin American cuisines. .
Grown and harvested in Fayoum, Egypt and sourced from Burlap and Barrel.
- Combine in seasoning blends such as curry powder and garam masala
- Adds zest to rubs and marinades.
- Roast with beef, poultry, pork or seafood to awaken deep, rich flavor
- Add to chutney, salsa, pickled veggies - especially peppers
- Light and airy with honey, citrus and pepper flavor notes.
- Toast in skillet to open up flavors before sauteing protein or veggies
- Pairs well with: cumin, sumac, fennel, peppers, savory herbs, warm spices