Premium Ground Royal Cinnamon has been sustainably harvested from bark of the cinnamon tree in the Quang Nam Mountains in Vietnam for millenia.
The same species as Saigon cinnamon (cinnamomum loureiroi), Royal Cinnamon is an heirloom variety not widely harvested or exported, and exemplifies the intense sweetness and spiciness for which Vietnamese cinnamon is prized.
Here's a sample of what the critics are saying:
“This Vietnamese heirloom cinnamon has fiery, enormous flavor that makes me emotional. Smelling it is like experiencing your favorite holiday memories and trekking through the Quang Nam mountains at the same time. I blend it with tomato and brown butter to spread on lahmacun and use in any baked good with warming spices.” Zoë Kanan, Pastry Chef and Eater Young Gun
Use it in place of Saigon or other cinnamons in pastries and baked goods, or sprinkle into rich, savory meat or tomato-based dishes.
Heirloom variety of Saigon cinnamon, sustainably harvested and sun dried in the Quang Nam Mountains near Hue, Vietnam. Sourced through Burlap and Barrel.
- Widely used in baked goods to add warm, sweet flavor
- Mix into rubs to achieve a perfect balance of hot and sweet
- Bold, bright aromatic notes - a little bit goes a long way
- Sprinkle on top of hot beverages like espresso, latte, coffee, cocoa
- Pairs well with: cardamom, cacao, cumin, smoked paprika, allspice, nutmeg