Premium Cloud Forest Ground Cardamom is sweet and tart, reminiscent of summer fruits, fresh herbs and cut grass. The cardamom fruit turns yellow as it ripens and has a slightly softer, sweeter flavor than standard green cardamom - but is perfect in recipes that call for green cardamom.
Grown on a single estate in Alta Verapaz, Guatemala cardamom pods thrive in humid, high altitude environments with abundant rainfall. Sourced from Burlap and Barrel, cloud forest cardamom is air dried and ground to a course, loose-packed consistency.
- Great for roasting or sauteing chicken
- Reduce with a fruit juice for a savory/sweet sauce
- Adds richness to rubs and marinades.
- Try Tequila Shrimp & Chorizo Skewers (community recipe)
- Pairs well with: cumin, turmeric and cinnamon, chili powder.