Premium Silk Chili Flakes come from Kahramanmaras, Turkey. Also known as marash pepper, the Silk Chili is botanically identical to the Aleppo pepper, which has been cultivated in Syria for centuries. Due to the ongoing violence of the Syrian civil war, true Aleppo chili is unfortunately no longer available for import.
These summery and spicy Silk Chili Flakes are naturally preserved with a little bit of salt and sunflower seed oil to keep them fresh and flavorful. Dried and processed on site into a unique, smooth, slippery texture.
These chilis have a warm, tomato-like flavor and a medium heat, similar to Espelette and Korean chilis. Use in any dish in need of a little excitement, from scrambled eggs to burgers to brownies. Perfect for cooking or finishing.
- Sprinkle over almost anything hot or savory to add excitement
- Great for scrambled eggs, pastas, salads, burgers
- Add to marinades or dipping sauces
- Use to deepen flavors of roasts and stews
- Flavor Notes: Bright, Fruity, Smoky, Spicy
- Pairs well with: Cumin, Paprika, Sumac