Premium Sweet Guatemala Allspice are the dried berries of a beautiful evergreen tree. Native to the Caribbean, Central America and Mexico, its characteristic combination of sugar and spice is a key element in dishes like jerk chicken, mole and countless local marinades.
This allspice has a characteristic smoky warmth, reminiscent of toasted almonds and baked fruit. It’s a perfect addition to spiced holiday desserts like pumpkin or apple pie; it adds depth and complexity to beverages like cocktails, chai masala or hot chocolate; and it even works well with meat dishes like chili, bolognese or curries.
Sourced from Burlap and Barrel Ground Allspice is grown in Verapaz Guatemala, hand-harvested and sun-dried.
- Sprinkle onto ground beef, stews and BBQ sauce
- Add to gingerbread cookies, compotes and pies
- Mix into masala chai or spiced cider
- Earthy, baked apple, toasted almond, smoke
- Pairs well with: Cinnamon, Cloves, Nutmeg, Raw Cane Sugar