Premium Raw Morogoro Cacao Powder is made from organic cacao beans from the famous Kokoa Kamili cooperative in the Morogoro region of Tanzania. The beans are not roasted before grinding - they're fermented and sun-dried for a fruity, bright flavor.
It's a fruity and nutty cacao that's great for sweets but is particularly delicious as a savory ingredient as an alternative to paprika in stews, chilis and tomato sauces, where it adds sweetness and depth similar to caramelized onions, barbecue or soy sauce.
- Replace paprika with cacao in stews, sauces, chili and rubs
- Swap out for processed cocoa powder in brownies, cakes or puddings
- Mix with milk (or milk alternative) for delightful hot chocolate
- Replace chocolate for a deep, earthy mole sauce
- Tasting Notes: Bright, Fruity, Sweet, Earthy
- Pairs well with: Cinnamon, Cloves, Dark Chili Powder,
Sourced from Burlap and Barrel Morogoro cacao is sourced fr9om a cooperative of nearly 3,000 small farms in the Kilombero Valley. It is processed onsite to control consistency through fermentation (vs. commercial roasting).